Dear Friends of awate,
This is the most unpleasant time for us because we have to announce the launch of our 2020 Fundraising drive. We are hoping our call will resonate with all friends of awate.
Last year was the first time since this website was launched that we met our yearly goal. Your donations covered the 2019 budget with a surplus of $385 that we have carried forward. We thank you all for your generosity as we appeal to those who didn’t have the chance to contribute, to do so now.
As you know, fundraising takes much time at the expense of what we actually set out to do: to serve you by gathering information, providing news, analysis, and varied content. Last year, we had to write several appeals and reminders. But this year, we are hoping to raise the budgeted funds will be quicker so that we can focus on what we are supposed to do.
We are grateful to you, our patrons for a long time. And since the number of people visiting our mediums are in the thousands, we believe raising $12,000, the basic running cost for 2020, will not be a difficult task if all friends of awate supported the drive generously.
Special thanks to the following for helping in 2019 drive:
- The loyal friends of awate from the Bay Area who (as always) reached out to others in Orange Country and the Midwest and made a considerable contribution.
- Our friend Anghesom who successfully campaigned (crowd funding) through his Facebook page and surprised us. We hope his brilliant method will be duplicated by other friends of awate to make the 2020 drive a success.
- Graduates of India and the Middle East some of whom, despite being newly graduated or newly employed, made a collective donation.
- Our local Bay Area friends who contributed during our fundraising event in Berkeley in March 2019.
- The always supportive Friends of awate in Australia and Canada.
- All groups and individuals who participated in the drive who initiated and managed a drive, mainly the Digital Group, including friends from Britain, Norway, and other parts.
- Generous individuals who have always been supportive but do not want their names to be mentioned.
- All others, from all parts of the world who helped through electronic contribution or other methods.
Finally, as we emphasized last year, we wish one person to donate the entire amount ($12,000). But that might not be possible though it would have been ideal and exhilarating. But we believe there are easier ways of raising $12,000 that without burdening a few people. And here are the many suggested ways :
If 120 friends donated $100 each, or,
240 friends donated $50 each, or,
600 people donated $20 each.
Please dig into your pockets and donate generously. And here follow the ways to contribute:
- Credit and Debit Cards : Below the “Support awate.com” icon on the frontpage, there is a form through which you can make your donation. At the bottom of the next page, you will have a choice to either make your payment through Paypal or Credit Card.
- PAYPAL: Click the Orange Paypal icon and make your donations. Your contributions will appear on your bank statement as “Paypal*awate.com”.
- Bank Transfer:
Account Name: Awate.com
Bank: Bank Of America,
Acct #: 29570 76732
Swift ID: BOFAUS3N
- Other Payments: Contact us through E-mail to see alternative payment methods at email@example.com
Please contribute as generously as you can. We appreciate your support.